Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Dead ______ Day!

On Friday as one of my co-workers was heading out the door she said, "Happy Dead Bunny Day!" to which I laughed at.

She then stopped to explain that she had traditionally referred to Thanksgiving Day as "Dead Turkey Day" and had lately decided to extend that theme to more holidays.

Considering this, I then asked her, "What do you say at Christmas then?"

She paused for a moment and then chuckled and said, "I may be rude most of the time, but I've got a religious bone in my body somewhere!"

We chatted for a bit longer, talked about how she was Catholic, and then she headed out the door.

I should have amended what I'd said. I don't know what the best thing to say on Christmas would be, but from now on, according to this woman's holiday sayings, it seems very appropriate to wish you all a

Happy Dead Jesus Day!

 (I randomly found this photo online, but can take no credit for it at all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment